Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Mom

I know a lot of people say this, but I mean this with all my heart - I have the best mom in the world. I don't know why I was so lucky in life to be given such a great mother but I thank Heavenly Father every single night for her. Words cannot express how much she has impacted my life, how much I love her, and how much I miss her.


 

Memories: laughing till we cry, laughing till we fall over, lots of hugs, hugging me for hours and not saying a word when I'm upset, saving animals on the side of the road..or the middle of the highway, screaming stuff that doesn't make sense at my sports games from the sideline, mom and dad laughing, talking for hours on end, calling 5+ times a day every single day, miscalling my phone 11 times just to find out how I did in my intramural softball game, bringing a subway hoagie, vitamins (10+), and gatorade to school for every single sports game, the loud speaker in high school saying "kelly please report to the office" and then finding mom in the office with a big smile claiming I have a doctors appointment once again (weekly occurance) so we can go shopping together or go out to lunch, grabbing my hand and pulling me as she ran to the clearance racks to beat the other ladies, saying 'your fathers going to kill me', taking phone calls from people she didn't know to help them with their Fribomyalia, doing my hair for every dance, pullin the 'witch doctor', opening 40 internet explorer screens on the computer and calling the computer a piece of crap when it freezes up, dancing in her 'tart cart' bus with her kids, driving with mom on the bus and having to lay down on a seat the whole time to hide from cops, taking care of Nautia, mom telling the missionaries details about my menstrual period over dinner, mom crying when she heard about other people's hardships who she didn't even know, mom singing at church and jumping up and down an octive midsentences, hand massages at church, crazy embarassing comments, mom revolving her life around us, so much love and happiness.

4 comments:

  1. Why did you change your post. I was laughing at some of those funny things you miss. I wanted to read them again! She is the best mom ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kelly, this is an amazing post. You have some really fun memories and I admit I burst out laughing on a few of them. Really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great post kelly, I was laughing and crying! You and kasey sound just like your mom and will be just as great of mom's as yours!

    ReplyDelete