My little baby is growing up so fast. She is getting so big and so tall and sooo smart. She is 14 months old. Last week Eric and I were reminded of how much little kids pay attention and how stinkin smart they are. During our nightly prayer last week we opened our eyes after saying Amen to find Alyzah with her arms folded. She repeatedly thought it was great to show us after the prayer how she figured out how to fold her arms...and we never even tried to teach her, she just noticed on her own and has done it every prayer since.
While we were unpacking our boxes she also found a Hymnal and she loves it. She turns to a page in the hymnal, stares at it like she is reading, and sings made up songs of her own. She knows the hymnal is for singing!
This reminded me that I better start watching what I say and do because they sure pick up on things quickly. Alyzah is also a talker. Here are the words she can say on her own in conversation now:
- Hi, hi momma, hi dadda, hi baby, hi dog, hi grandpa ("hi papa")
- Alyzah
- buh bye
- thank you
- love you (my favorite one)
- more
- bite
- dog
- baby
- Baba
- Binky
- Beautiful (needs a little work but it's getting better)
- Eat
- Yum yums (her snacks)
- Many animal sounds
- shoe
- down
- up
- out
- hot
- no
- eye
- mouth
- all done
- strawberry ("strawbear")
- Banana
- Grandpa ("papa) and Grandma ("Gama")
I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast. Her and I love doing everything together. I just wish she'd slow down how fast she is growing up - i think this 1 year old stage is my favorite stage so far. Can she just stay this age forever?
How sweet! I cant believe she is saying all of those things already! what a sweetheart!
ReplyDelete